To understand the growth of your baby and to help them to get better growth, you will need to set various milestones for their growth. Baby development milestones will help you to create a chart and understand the various stages of their growth. Using the information from observations, you will be able to help your kids to develop better skills and have an all-round development.
Milestones can be described as a checkpoint of skills that your child should be able to do after reaching a certain age. It is important to keep track of these activities as if your child is having trouble in reaching those milestones, you might need to take them to a physician to find out if there are any issues in their senses.
Benefits Of Understanding The Baby Development Milestones
Understanding the various skills that your baby should develop by a certain age holds a lot of importance in their early development stage. If you are aware of these milestones, you will be able to help them to reach those baby development milestones. The following are a few benefits of understanding these milestones.
Better Understanding Of The Abilities
If you are aware of these milestones, you will be able to easily identify and solve any problems your kid might be facing. You will be able to help them in their development and can monitor their abilities at an early age.
Easier Solutions For Baby Development Milestones
It is common for children to miss these milestones and if they are unable to complete them. Parents can easily help them. During the early stages in life, kids can easily adapt to new things around them and if you find issues in their abilities, you can easily consult a physician and start implementing the solution for their problems.
Different Baby Development Milestones That You Must Know About
There are different milestones for kids related to various senses and skills. It also changes along with time as your child grows up. Parents need to be aware of the baby development milestones so that they can intervene whenever intervention is required. If your baby is not able to achieve these milestones, it better to consult a doctor for advice. Over time, they will also develop abilities; just make sure that you don’t confuse abilities with the milestones.
The following are various milestones related to various categories during the first 3 months of birth.
Category – Motor Functions
- They will be able to move their legs up and down.
- When placed on their tummy, they should try to push themselves up and should be able to keep their neck upright.
- Should be able to move hands and bring it near their mouth
- Must be able to move their legs and arms when excited.
Category – Communications
- Respond to sounds or voices by smiling or maintaining silence.
- Turn to the direction of the sound.
- They should be able to make eye contact and should show interest in faces by touching them.
- Start crying in different manners for different issues.
Category – Sensory Functions
- Able to track moving objects and try to grab toys when placed overhead.
- Should be able to get calmed by gentle rocking and movements.
- Enjoys roaming around places in your lap.
- While lying on the back, they should be able to keep their focus on faces and toys.